Mailing Address for Alcoholics Anonymous Donations
Alcoholics Anonymous District 29
PO Box 293
Elgin, OR 97827
All personal donations are tax deductable!
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS AREA 58-DISTRICT 29
EASTERN OREGON BAKER, UNION, and WALLOWA COUNTIES
Please enter your information below if you have any questions or you want to know about Alcoholics Anonymous. Please tell us how we can be of service!
10 quotes from the Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book!
1. “Those events that once made me feel ashamed and disgraced now allow me to share with others how to become a useful member of the human race.” p.492
2. “Many of us felt that we had plenty of character. There was a tremendous urge to cease forever. Yet we found it impossible. This is the baffling feature of alcoholism as we know it – this utter inability to leave it alone, no matter how great the necessity or the wish.” p.34
3. “Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one.” p.xxvii
4. “The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker.” p.30
5. “Our liquor was but a symptom. So we had to get down to causes and conditions.” p.64
6. “When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, or situation – some fact of my life – unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.” p.417
7. “I listened to their stories and found so many areas where we overlapped – not all the deeds, but the feelings of remorse and hopelessness. I learned that alcoholism isn’t a sin, it’s a disease.” p.344
8. “We talked of intolerance, while we were intolerant ourselves. We missed the reality and the beauty of the forest because we were diverted by the ugliness of some of its trees.” p.50
9. “Adversity truly introduces us to ourselves.” p.530
10. “When I am willing to do the right thing I am rewarded with an inner peace no amount of liquor could ever provide. When I am unwilling to do the right thing, I become restless, irritable, and discontent. It is always my choice.” p.317
UPDATE 3/19/2020 12:30pm
Precautions over the Covid-19 pandemic have caused many District 29 meetings to temporarily close. As far as we know, Wallowa, Joseph, Cove, and Elgin meetings are still going, as well as the Wednesday Turning Point meeting in Island City. All other La Grande meetings have been suspended. In Baker City, the Survivor Group noon meetings are still going, while all meetings using community rooms are closed.
We're keeping this site updated daily (sometimes twice daily) so please keep checking to see what meetings remain open.